Saturday, August 25, 2007

living on the edge
















It was a risk. Better Homes and Garden magazine has spurred me on with ideas. As I envisioned my bedroom- I wanted it to be "girly". It's ironic because I pride myself on NOT being "girly". Hhhhmmm, there's something deeper there- maybe a later post.
Picking out color has been a blast. After one failed attempt on a brown for my bathroom and hallway book shelf, I landed on something a bit more bold and LOVE it.
My bedroom evokes guys to roll their eyes and girls say with perky eyes, it is great!
I feared failure with my ideas of stripes. Should the stripe be 11 inches? 13? No bigger than 15- I had no clue what I was talking about! Thanks to my mom and some friends, 15 inch blue sash stripes adorn a wall in my girly bedroom.
And fear has no walls. (that makes no sense but I thought it sounded cool)
I'm taking risks.

3 comments:

tiffany marie said...

It's absolutely adorable! LOVE IT! It's fun taking risks with decorating! And I think I have had the most fun watching you take yours! I loved being a part of this process from day one too....

Anonymous said...

Hol,

Your house is looking sweet! Lor and I went to see the movie "Hairspray" here in Joburg. Loved it. Thought of you. Did you see it yet? If not - go!

Brian
www.kingers.org

Anonymous said...

Chaquita. Very girly...love it. By the way, this is my first official comment.
T