Sunday, August 12, 2007


I've cried three times today. Let me clear up any speculations before I continue: it is not that time of the month. (TMI, I know but a very common assumption) It may be due to the fact that I was awake for three hours in the middle of the night. During the three hours I was able to document a situation that totally seems out of my control. I also was able to stare out my huge family room window and watch the storm with thunder and lightening refresh the parched ground.
I did spend a brief time repeating the name "Jesus" over and over, longing to feel His presence.
I am parched myself. I am only hearing the sound of the crash of thunder and can actually feel the sting of lightening. Things aren't going my way and I am sad.
The truth is, I can't see the big picture. I am not able to witness the benefits of the thunder and lightening. Yet. It's an operative word; yet. A word filled with hope. A word that doesn't allow a period at the end.
Things aren't going my way and I don 't like it. I cry out of selfishness. I cry because I am not living by faith. I cry because I am uncertain of the "yet" and consumed by the now.
Odd photo in this entry. It doesn't really make sense. But it makes me laugh. (maybe cry today)
The innocence of my 4 year old nephew, doing the jig. Making me laugh...keeping life in perspective.

No comments: