Monday, August 13, 2007

his name is Monty and he is so nice....


In my attempt to promise my friend, Tiffany, that this complete stranger on the phone from North Carolina with a cute accent was the sweetest guy, I suddenly was aware at that given moment how blessed I am.
Let me back up a bit to make a little sense...I have had a hard weekend. The time in life when things don't feel like they could possibly get any worse and then your new stove breaks or the air in your car doesn't work and its 95 degrees and humid. The moments when you think you may have been the one that wrote "the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day".
I was feeling sorry for myself. People were letting me down left and right. No one was saying anything that was remotely helpful. I wanted to scream, "DOESN'T ANYONE KNOW I AM HURTING? I AM SO SAD AND DOESN'T ANYONE CARE???!"
This is when the blessing comes in...the words from my friend of 18 years, "you've got guts, Holly. I am so proud of you. You just hit a snag...
What may seem like such simple, meaningless words to many, were words that touched me deeply. and opened the dam.
I began to weep. I mean the ugly cry. No holding back. The snot and mascara dripping kind of cry...
This time in my life is just that: a snag. I will get through it. He promises that. He reminds me of that through friends like Tiffany.
I am the one who is proud.
proud to have the Tiffany's in my life.
and blessed...even in the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days.
It's just a snag.
and I promise, Monty is nice.

1 comment:

tiffany marie said...

Monty was "just not that into me...."