Thursday, August 2, 2007

beauty is in the eye of the beholder


I used to be the proud owner of a water bed that I found and purchased with my own money while I was in high school. I LOVED that thing. I lugged that thing around for four moves. The baffles were broke and what finally nailed the coffin was that it started to leak - through the duct tape that sealed the rips over the six years of bliss.
However, no one told me that if you are a proud owner of a water bed, you have no sense of style. I was reminded of this simple fact every time I had to purchase water bed sheets. (you can't use normal ones)
Th same dilemma is true for those in a wheelchair. If you are in a chair, you must not have style. I won't succumb to this pressure. Call it vain but I will go as far as but a pair of pants because they will look "cute" in the chair. I also have to keep in mind whether or not shirts will lay right and pants won't be too short as my life consists of "sitting".
This holds true for the bag on the back of my chair. If you are able-bodied, I am quite sure you have never even noticed bags on the back of wheelchairs. Start to take note. Typically, they are black and boring.
Thanks to Mary Jo, I can wheel around with pride. This is the bag that she created out of a mini-skirt and dress that she purchased at Goodwill.
Yep, I am proud to be in a chair. A chair with style!

1 comment:

tiffany marie said...

SUPER CUTE BAG! And is that a TATOO i see on your little ankle?

HOT MAMA! U soooo sexy!