Sunday, September 2, 2007

It's the life?


The evening involved seven people crammed in a booth at Applebee's. After I lowered the handle on Delsie's harness, I watched my friends squirm as D-dog found just the right spot between the huge supporting metal bar in the middle of the table and the 14 hot, smelly feet packed underneath the booth.

Heaven forbid she is an inconvenience to someone and their space while she digs her harness into their shin bone or shakes while her 85 lb. paw steps on the middle of your bare foot...I've gotten the dirty looks for Delsie over the years. And their dirty cuz they are from friends.
People can glare at me all they want...I got your back, D, don't worry.

It took her a minute to find her spot underneath the table at Applebee's and a few glares while she positioned herself just right. As we ate our meal, I forgot about her. Upon conclusion of my mozzarella sticks, I glanced down to see my cute service dog doin' her thing...enjoying her life.

Man, I love this dog.
Yes, my shins are bruised and I am not thinking the nicest things when she steps on my foot, but it is so worth it.

1 comment:

tiffany marie said...

I bet she finds all kinds of yummy treats down there!