Monday, September 3, 2007

...in the genes.
















Before you think I am the cruelest person for posting this photo of my mom, allow me to explain.
We were on our way from Detroit- we picked my grandma up to get some R & R in Holland for a few days. Gram was sitting in the front of the Le Blano van, gabbing away with my dad while I fell asleep next to my mom. I knew that during my cat nap I was catching flies as when I woke my mouth did not have one ounce of saliva. Not only did I awake with cotton mouth but the sounds of snickering from my mom as she told me that my mouth was wide open when I was sleeping. I knew she wasn't exaggerating as I found it nearly impossible to swallow until I took a few sips of my water.
It was only a few minutes after I wiped the sleepers from my eyes that I noticed my mom reclining her chair, closing her eyes and you guessed it...catching the flies that I missed.
Not only could my mom hear me snickering but she could feel the flash of my camera.
Th acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. What goes around, comes around.

1 comment:

tiffany marie said...

Remember when we were on our way to Louisiana for Spring Break... and I fell asleep in the back of the LeBlancmobile... and Dickie slammed on the breaks???? ahhh good times. good times.