Thursday, February 1, 2007

journaling.

This morning in our creative planning team meeting we were presented with the concept of journaling. A challenge to begin our entries with "yesterday,..." so I will do just that.

Yesterday, I was asked to speak to second graders and fifth graders during their Abilities Awareness week at a local elementary school. After calling my brother-in-law the night before to find out where the school was located, I became acutely aware of the dread in my attitude regarding an interuption in my usual routine. Of course I blamed it on the weather but acknowledged my pride kicking in after some serious inventory.

Again, I was energized and blessed by the innocence and energy of the kids. But I was even more taken back with the peace and calmness that I sensed in my spirit, knowing that my life entails living with a disability. This disability doesn't define me but rather it affords me the opportunity to live life. A life that I am very thankful for.

No comments: