Thursday, February 8, 2007

how sweet it is

Every other Friday I get a therpeutic massage. (thanks to the Katerbergs for this gift!) Most people roll their eyes when I tell them what my plans are for that morning. Yes, it is amazing and no, I would not be able to work this into my budget but gosh, do I ever get excited about it the night before. I carry all my stress in my neck so an hour under the hands of a trained professional to work out the kinks is good for my soul...Martha, here I come!

Today, a friend and sister in Christ was laid to rest. She died after a year long battle with cancer on her youngest daughters fifteenth birthday. Nancy left an impression on me. I have to admit, it wasn't always welcomed. She had this "edge" about her that made me often intimidated in my walk with Christ. But this should be a good thing, right? Nancy was intense in her faith and wanted nothing more for people to know God in a personal way.

I cried a lot today at her memorial service. Not sure if it was for grieving the loss of Nancy or grieving my apathy in leading the lost to Christ.
...my neck is sore just thinking about it. Thank God for my therapeutic massage.

yea, I see those eyes roll...

No comments: