Saturday, May 30, 2009

this too, shall pass


"I wondered when this was going to happen. I use to drive a tiny car."
This was what the driver said to me as she seriously needed a step ladder to get out of the HUGE cab truck that innocently plowed into my mini-van. I was in a parking lot getting ready to watch Kennedy graduate from 5th grade.
No harm done. No one was hurt. Her truck showed no signs.
Here's the catch. (Which their always seems to be a "catch" in my life.)
The damage has been done to the door with the ramp. The door and ramp that gives me freedom in my life. It doesn't work. The last couple of days I made arrangements with a co-worker, neighbor, friends and even calling people in the businesses I need to visit. Like yesterday when I had to make a half hour trip that turned into a 3 hour tour (time for a GPS) for a 15 minute estimate for my insurance company.
"Can someone come out to open my door so I can get out of my van?"
I never thought those words would come out of my mouth. On multiple levels.
I am sure other words are going to seep out when this is all done.
Some days I just want a "do-over".

No comments: