Wednesday, May 27, 2009

choices

Our lives are full of choices. The decisions I make can effect not only me but those around me. I am keenly aware of these choices as I am reading a book by James McDonald. It has been life changing for me. As I work through discovering who I REALLY am in Christ, I say audio ably "I am choosing to believe that you love me today, God." I don't always feel Him or even trust every moment with Him. As I work through this, a friend commented that he was confident that God would show up in my obedience. Even when it hurts.


The other day I woke up with a dull ache. I was sad and couldn't even explain it. The sun was shining, my bones were thawing out from the nasty winter, trees were budding their leaves, birds were chirping, a roof over my head, food in my belly, a job to pay the bills...but the "ache" was there. "I am choosing to believe that you love me today, God."

and just like my friend said, He showed up.

This was how I found my Orchid after facilities cleaned my office early Wednesday morning:
Thanks, Celia, for allowing God to use you. And I'm not talking about vacuuming.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Made me want to read the book.

Orchid.

Love you.

T

tiffany marie said...

vLuv the last few posts holly! and the pictures are awesome! my favorite is the funny face one, think I'm gonna print and frame that one! So funny you're reading a life changing book at the same time I am! It's amazing how God uses things like this to heal and restore... excited to talk more about it with you,
luv ya!

tiffany marie said...

omg...just noticed the "Let's Talk" pic on your office wall.. LOL how appropriate is that? saweet!

Joanne said...

Holly,
I love the concept and so needed to hear it...that no matter how far away He might seem in a circumstance...He WILL show up in our obedience! Thanks for sharing your friends' comment...and keep up your most excellent blogging!