Thursday, May 28, 2009

rings and characteristics



I don't know my life without the Hofland family and for that, I am so grateful. I wouldn't want a life without them, all of them. Including their mom and dad.

The other day, Delsie and I walked over to their house for my Hofland fix. As usual, they hopped on and we went for a "ride". Grant was sitting on my lap on this particular adventure. He noticed my hand that adorn a couple of sterling silver rings and the following conversation occurred:

Grant: Did a boy give you those rings?

Me: No. I bought them for me.

Grant: Well, I like them. They're cool.

Me: Thanks.

At this point I allowed for silence as I could feel his wheels spinning.

Grant: Will you ever get married?

Me: I'm not sure. Do you think I will?

Grant: Yea. But if you do, he better have your characteristics.

Me: What would those be?

And with that, the conversation ended. Grant was more interested in a soccer ball.

Some time later we were talking about something else that made me laugh. Without missing a beat Grant looked over at me and said, "Now THAT would be a characteristic."

And who said kids aren't wise?

You're right Grant, He better make me laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And that made me cry.

T

tiffany marie said...

That is hilarious! Very very cool! This is a keeper!!!!