Monday, May 18, 2009

a "lifer".

















It has been said that friends come and go. I can not remember when Jayne came into my life. Maybe over 15 years ago? But she almost "left" a few months ago. As in left this earth-almost died.
I still am processing this whole thing. Not nearly as much as she is, but none the less...working through the fact that Jayne had a brain bleed on January 31 and spent the entire month of February in the Neuro-Intensive Care Unit in Colorado.
She is the first to admit that she is a miracle. Doctors scratch and shake their heads, "you're an usual case." And we are calling this mystery, God's work.
So when Jeff and Jayne met me at JP's when they were in town for the sons graduation from college the beginning of the month, I wept when we hugged.
My friend has come and gone as she has moved to a different state. But I am so glad she didn't die.
I have a feeling that I am going to be processing this for awhile...but tonight I am going to focus on the fact that she is here. Jayne came in my life and made a huge place in my heart and I am never going to let her go. She's a friend for life.
I love you, Propane.

2 comments:

Beck said...

Love this post. And, like you, so amazed and thankful that God chose to glorify Himself by inexplicably healing Jayne. Yahooooo!

Matt Lipan said...

the Berens were a big part of my life in high school and i have always had a ton of respect for them as a couple. they have a great family and i am excited to see that God isn't through using them yet.

they always were an "unusual case"...i would probably call it "weird"