Saturday, October 27, 2007

dreaming big


Ever since Delsie and I became a team, I made a mental note that we were going to always educate people when the opportunity presented itself. Today I was asked to perform in a womans conference that carried the title, "in The Spirit of Truth". For some reason, this has prompted me to acknowledge the lies that I listen to when I am dreaming big. Delsie and I have appeared on TV, the radio and numerous classrooms of elementary and middle schools. I don't know the impact, if any, we have made but I do know I need to stop listening to the lies and listen to my dreams...it's never too late.

This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago as Miss Kempf asked me and D to visit her 3rd grade classroom. It was the first class to hear my book. As Miss Kempf began to read it, I saw a 3rd grader eyes as big as saucers while he nudged a classmate seated next to him asking, "she's an author?!!".

After today I know I'm more than author...I am a child of God.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

You're an author??? I want to know about your book, Holly. I want to buy it but I have to have your autograph too:)
From one child of God to another!

tiffany marie said...

And her editor in CHIEF IS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ahh Hem!

hee hee hee CONGRATS HOLLY!

SO so so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I want to hear about your book, too!

Also, the more I hear about it, the more it seems I missed out by not being at that conference... dang!