Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hail, no!


Weather is a universal language. We all resort to it as a "pick-me-up" in a conversation that seems to be going nowhere. After tonight's weather people are going to have A LOT to talk about tomorrow around the water cooler. (and yes, my office has a water cooler)

These photos were taken about ten minutes ago. If you can't make it out, these are piles of hail accumulated on my deck. The weather is BIZARRE.

After work I took D for a walk while it was in the high 70's. I spray painted a lamp in my back yard and it was sunny yet windy. A half hour later the TV stations are saturated with warnings. Another half an hour and the rain is coming down in sheets. It is during this time that my dear friend, Chris, calls to say he is coming over to move my outdoor furniture to the garage. Thank goodness he did because I think the table with the umbrella would have smashed through my kitchen window tonight. It's now lightening and thundering...with intermittent down pours...

this is meteorologist Holly, signing off...

No comments: