Sunday, October 7, 2007

pumpkinfest

The first week of October marks a "festival" titled Pumkinfest in Zeeland.

Thursday was "Dinner On Us". The "us" part referred to the city council of Zeeland.

I think I've had three corn dogs my entire life. And I know why. The council certainly gets an "A" for effort. (or is that an "E"?)
The line for the free food went about as fast as my consumption of the corn dog. (I think the grease made it slide quick)

This year's theme was "stars of hollywood". Various "pumpkin statues" adorned the corners and you had to guess the actor. Although I wanted to be the winner of the free trip to Hollywood, it was next to impossible to see the resemblance in most of them.

I am so glad I am part of a family who can find amusement in anything we do. Pumpkinfest just happened to be the backdrop.

They tried.

1 comment:

Cherie O said...

What's not to like about a hand-dipped ice cream bar (even though it melted before you could eat it), sunny warm weather on OCTOBER 4, and hanging out in small-town America? You could be in Seattle where it's 48 degrees and rainy. Or staying home trying to grow dreadlocks...