Tuesday, October 9, 2007

obsession.

Meet Brad Womack. The 11th bachelor for the TV show, The Bachelor. It is about this time that I become infatuated with the guy who ABC has chosen to find that one true love. Call me a hopeless or hopeful? (I never really understand why it is called hopeless) romantic but it is typically this time in the season that I grow to love the guy. It is usually with every dramatic rose ceremony that I have convinced myself that I would be offered the rose, take him to my home town and share all his one on one dates with him if he only would have met me. I certainly wouldn't cry on camera about how I want to be married and pregnant. I wouldn't boast about being a Christian girl while he is doing a body shot off of me. I would pride myself on not calling the other girls names as I understood that going into it my chances were one out of twenty-five.

Let's face it. I would thrive on being the therapist in the limo, talking with the girl who thought they would spend the rest of their life with him but instead, just got kicked to the curb. I realize this addiction that I have to the whole process is wrong. I get that.

What I don't get this season is Brad. I am just not into him. Don't get me wrong, his body is to die for but his inflections would drive this girl to drink. I feel no substance to him.

Andy Baldwin(season 10 bachelor), will you accept this rose because you still have my heart. I heard you and Tessa broke off the engagement...

Thanks to my TiVo and a lame social life, I will be watching every episode until Brad chooses his love in what is seen as the most dramatic season of The Bachelor.

2 comments:

tiffany marie said...

he's ugly. Dancing with the stars is better.

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I am not a bachelor fan. I did, however, catch maybe 3 minutes of it the other night, and my impressions of Brad (was that his name) were similar to yours... very surfacey, empty, banal, boring... hot, yes. But nothing else. Kind of like a mirage.

My guilty pleasure is Top Model with America's top idiot, Tyra Banks. However, it's carried by CW, which always seems to have technical difficulties...

Hope you're doing well!