Monday, June 4, 2007

"A QUARTER"!!

Memories. Fun ones. I love them. The kind of memories that flood your mind at inopportune times and you feel like a fool laughing aloud when nothing before you is happening that is funny.
People. Fun ones. I love them. The kind of people that are low maintenance and spontaneous and make laughter easy and life enjoyable when you are around them.
Before I continue with this blog any further, allow me to make this disclaimer: if you are reading this, you are more than likely one of those people in my life.
However, this photo has provided me many outbursts of laughter, thanks to Mary Jo. This quarter that was literally glued on the sidewalk on the campus of Hope College and Mary Jo, a fabulous combination. If you know Jo at all, you are familiar with her innocent and sweet demeanor-this of course added to the sheer hilarity of it all...
As we are attempting to shop in the bookstore and are not able to find an accessible entrance because of all the summer construction, Jo shouts over a bulldozer, "A QUARTER"!! As quickly as she squats down to scoop the incredible find in your pocket, she stands back up and keeps walking in one fluid motion. It took me awhile to process what had just occurred and that must have been the expression on my face- confusion. As I look back at the quarter and baffled as to why she left it there, she mumbles loud enough for me to hear in a monotone voice, "someone glued it to the sidewalk". Keep in mind that Jo has not stopped walking. I am suddenly laughing as her back is to me walking far away, like nothing ever happened.
Thanks for the memories of laughter, Jo.
I am still laughing...and now for the elevator story...

2 comments:

tiffany marie said...

I bet some college students had a video camera set up across the way and were filming every person that tried to pick it up! hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I bet.