Monday, June 25, 2007

kids say the darndest things.



Being a proud of aunt of eight neices and nephews, I know I am not suppose to have favorites. I guess this blog brings out the truth and nothing but the truth. (my sisters don't read my blog either) At some point in each of their lives, I am drawn to one more than the other. Or maybe it is when they are into Aunt Holly or Aunt Howard as TJ calls me...his friends are going to be baffled by that one.

My seven year old nephew, Cole, is in the phase of being into me. I think it is mainly because I seem to be the only one who listens and then laughs (hard) with him. He is hilarious- he doesn't shut up. I am not kidding. If Cole is around, it is noisy with his singing (songs he makes up), or copying everything you say and then rhyming the word that ends the sentence or doing a beat box. (his new talent, which he is quite good)

As I am pullling out of their driveway yesterday to head home. Cole is standing near the road repeating over and over and then making a song out of it, "don't go, Aunt Holly- don't go" You could pop my head as it grew rather large as I see Cole in my rear view mirror with his arms stretched out and repeating, "don't go, Aunt Holly, don't go".

The Ockerses purchased a boat this weekend and Robert told me the very first thing Cole said when they were all sitting in it in the show room,

"Mom! Mom! Can't you picture Aunt Holly sitting here in the back and we're going really fast and she yells 'YAHOOOO!'.

I am touched that Cole knows his Aunt Holly. He not only makes me laugh- he makes me proud. I love you, Cole.

YAHOO!

1 comment:

Cherie O said...

Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy, that is ONE GOOD-LOOKIN' BOAT! What's with the bird-lipped kid on the right? Maybe I should record him saying "Don't go, Holly, don't go.........." so you can enjoy his goofy sincerity over and over.