Wednesday, June 4, 2008

she did it!


When I was on my death bed (literally) my family became my strength and my #1 cheerleaders...I honestly think I wouldn't be alive today without them.
It is amazing that my sister is alive and still kickin' after running her first marathon at the Notre Dame campus this past weekend. After a near decapitation as a result of a head on collision with a deer at 5 in the morning, no money for a toll booth and Brett and I ALMOST experiencing our first argument, we made it at the 16 mile marker and 20 mile marker to cheer Christy on. As she rounded the corner and she called out "you guys" I couldn't get a word out edge wise. (what does that saying really mean, anyway?) Through my tears, I faintly yelled, "I'm so proud of you, Christy, you can do it!"

...and she did. 26.2 miles.

No comments: