Sunday, February 3, 2008



The stage was set, the lights were on and the camera's were rolling...

This weekend I tried to live up to favorite Aunt status and have my nephew and nieces sleep over- all eight of them. (Alex stayed home for some peace and quiet and the comforts of his own bed)

It certainly wasn't quiet but I did sleep in my own bed while they slept on the family room floor. (oh, to be young) Dankia didn't sleep over (she's 1 1/2 ) but stayed until 11 so her mom and dad could enjoy one another.

This video was taken in the morning after we woke up at 6:30. (ouch) It was a continuation of the talent show from he night before. The stage was my stool and the performers waited their turn behind the curtain.

Chase recorded his 7 year old brother, Cole, performing in beat box style "Usher".
Although every performer received a perfect score of ten, Kennedy was struggling as a judge as she whispered in my ear after he finished, "I might have to give him 9.5 because he coughed."

In addition to his performance, Cole prayed for our dinner the night before: "Dear Jesus, help us have a good time at Aunt Holly's and help her not be alone after we leave."

...I think it's gotta be a tradition.

4 comments:

tiffany marie said...

OK that was absolutely amazing! COLE U ROCK! U definitely need to have them over more often and post more of those!
This one will be a HUGE hit on YOUTUBE! He maybe he'll get invited on the Ellen show! Send it to her!

Cherie O said...

Okay, I've GOT to try to post a video again. That was AWESOME, Miss Technological-minded Wonder!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! He's a really good beatboxer! (I'd subtract a half a point for the cough, too, Kennedy...)

You're my favorite aunt, that's for sure.

Gwen Jackson said...

Hi Holly,

Came across your blog via Christy L. blog. Love your blog. The video of your nephew Cole was amazing! Wow, I was impressed. I agree with Tiffany... I think it would be a hit on YOUTUBE.

Blessings to you. Looks like you have fun with all those kiddos.