Wednesday, January 30, 2008

cousins.





I don't have any cousins. I didn't realize how strange that was until I got older and now as I watch my nine nieces and nephews love on one another.

On the 18th, the LeBlano clan headed over to Detroit for my Grandpas memorial service. We stayed in a hotel for the weekend. Once again, I was able to enjoy the perks of being in a wheelchair and requiring an accessible room- the room was HUGE! I have stayed in a lot of hotels but I have never had the pleasure of staying in a "suite" like this. It came with a kitchen, a sitting area, cathedral ceilings and a separate place for the bed and TV.

Needless to say, it was the hang out and the cousins were excited. Three of them wanted to spend the night in Aunt Holly's room and I loved every minute of it. It was late and I knew they were getting tired but I didn't want to squelch the spontaneity of the conversation. After discussing poop (don't all conversations revert to this?) and whether or not I could walk if I really tried (do they think I'm faking?) Kennedy sighed long and loud. "Why the sigh, Kennedy?"
"What a unique opportunity, Aunt Holly."
I looked over to see her taking it all in with her hand resting behind her head,"What do you mean?" I asked.
She exhaled again, "To stay in a castle like this. What an opportunity."

How right you are, Kennedy.
Thanks for reminding me to be thankful for life's unique opportunities...like cousins.

Here's to many more sleep overs at Aunt Holly's. I want it to be your castle.

2 comments:

tiffany marie said...

LOVE IT! great writing hol!

Andy Gammons said...

Great post! Kids are amazing.