Wednesday, February 27, 2008

hot pockets and TiVo



The other day I sat down for my delicious microwave dinner of a ham-n-cheese hot pocket and the company of my TiVo. As I half heartily chose an episode of Dr. Phil I became perplexed with his panel of doctors he had on the show to discuss the case of a severe anorexic and bulimic 28 year old woman (which almost made me throw up). I felt like I knew one of the doctors, I mean REALLY knew, like I've had a cup of coffee with him at JP's. The kind of prompting that I felt like he and I have had in depth conversations and I have seen a glimpse of who he really was. I began to sit up straighter and focused more on the TV set in my attempt to figure out in what venue I had become acquainted with Dr. Travis Stork.

My excitement increased as I googled his name. I was filled with pride as I soon would discover that I had bragging rights- I hung out with someone on Dr. Phil!

It became clear as the photo of the guest doctor on this talk show appeared on the page. I was mortified.

My buddy, Travis, was the bachelor on season 8.



Not sure what's more humiliating. That I admitted I TiVo Dr. Phil or that I am that I am obsessed with the lives of each of the bachelors.

Needless to say my appetite for my hot pocket was squelched with the 60 lb woman who measured her thighs with a wrist watch and threw up until there was blood.


Not so sure TiVo is a good thing in my life. And I am "OD"ed on hot pockets.