Monday, December 17, 2007

IMAGINE.


Imagine the birth of our savior. A little tiny baby that changes the world.

"Genius. Pure genius."

This is my favorite line in this years production of Imagine Christmas.
(www.imaginechristmas.info) It is daunting, exhilarating, stressful, challenging yet extremely humbling to be a part in producing the single most powerful happening in ones life.

Working with the "worshippers" (20 children) has been my favorite experience so far. They are thrilled to be on stage and so teachable and wanting to please. They "act" out seeing Mary carrying baby Jesus for the first time. How in the world do you direct that?

"Genius. Pure genius."

Because we had no one to take over the role of costume designer this fell under my responsibility along with another director, Kim. I have had no prior education in costuming a show even though I minored in Theatre- one would think.

I have to admit it has been a blast. I am not sure it is because I am not spending my own money or the enjoyment of hunting for a bargain or discovering packages at my door for the past five days or shopping online...I love every minute.

Granted, I have yet to see the final product on stage as Wednesday is our first dress rehearsal but I can only imagine that God is going to be glorified...

that is my humble yet hopeful prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I started to feel guilty about the costume designer thing, but then I remembered that I prayed about it and realized God meant this for YOU! I can't wait to see what y'all came up with; I'm going with the fam on Saturday. I'm sure it's brilliant! Thanks for all your work!