Saturday, November 1, 2008

Delsiemeister.


It's been 8 years since I was introduced to the joy of my life in the training barn at Canine Partners For Life in Cochranville, PA. "Holly, here is your dog, Delsie, do not let anyone touch her or talk to her but you." Megan, her trainer for the past year, handed over the brown leather leash. I sat at a picnic table with the other recipients. I was filled with fear and excitement as this beautiful black lab laid at my feet.
It was quite the journey to get Delsie. As my friend went out to get food for the next three weeks of intensive training, I stayed back in the room at Extend-A-Stay only to vomit the nerves that filled my stomach. That time in my life was the most challenging physically and emotionally yet equally rewarding.
Now in my life, I am up against a challenging time emotionally. My beautiful black lab feels my pain. Now she is the one throwing up the nerves that are oozing out of my body.
I know I will be fine because of Gods faithfulness. Delsie is a tangible reminder of that. She is faithful. She is loyal. She is committed. She loves me. And I love her.
So does my mom as she made this bed under my desk at work...