Saturday, March 29, 2008

promises of spring?

It just won't go away. Every morning I have high hopes of opening my door to the warmth of spring. Instead, I typically am greeted with a blast of arctic air and another inch of snow. In these rare occasions of the sun shining, I caught this red cardinal (trust me, it's red- I just couldn't get close for fear of getting stuck for the third time!) who was probably swearing under it's breath as it attempted to retrieve the grains of food with its beak pecking through the fallen 10 inches of snow. I am sorry little red cardinal, I'd invite you to come inside for warmth but I can't afford to heat my home any longer.


WARNING: THE FOLLOWING PHOTOS MAY BE DISTURBING. VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK.

The rays of sunshine streaming around my angelic dog are a promise of spring around the corner...










...as well as the pile of poop in the porch.











It's all a matter of perspective.
pooper scooper, anyone?

3 comments:

tiffany marie said...

and you want me to move back to that cold cold weather! Everytime I see it, I rethink how much I miss it there!
You'd think with all this GLOBAL WARMING that is supposedly going on SPRING WOULD BE THERE BY NOW! Hmmmm things that make you go hmmmmm.
Just think, Florida in a few days! yay!

tiffany marie said...

count how many times i said the word THINK in the above comment....

Matt Lipan said...

everyone's freakin' out about "global warming" but i'm waiting around for it to hook up the midwest with spring!?!