Monday, March 3, 2008

the biggest loser













The day of the pageant started at 1:47 Saturday morning when things were coming out of both ends. The year long celebration of not throwing up in my new home was over. I called mom and "bless her heart" she came over and held the bowl and my hair while I tried to hold myself up. After a very long night of purging everything in my body, my alarm sounded and I knew the show had to go on.

After a full day of private interviews by a panel of judges, a lesson in self-defense (no-lie) and many trips to the freezing restroom the gala began. I had to deliver my speech first followed by the other contestants. We then were asked to draw a judges name from a hat and answer a serious and humorous question from that judge. My humorous question: "Like the TV show, The Biggest Loser, (but not talking about weight) who would you consider The Biggest Loser?

HUH?! I replied, "Hopefully not me after tonight!" I got the laughs but obviously not the points from the judges...I am not wearing the title of Miss Wheelchair Michigan.

What I am wearing is a bit more clarity as to what God wants me to do. I got a bigger nudge in a different direction I should take. I swallowed a bit of my pride. I grew a bit more determined. This chapter is over and this path is a dead end but the road ahead is big. I just have to keep traveling. I felt and still feel the support and love of family and friends. That's all I need...

...and for this darn flu bug to fly away.

2 comments:

Beck said...

Way to go! I can't imagine continuing after such a wretched night! And I hear ya on the flu bug, though mine's been (thus far) respiratory...

Anonymous said...

Chaquita,
You looked so pretty. I wish I could have been there.