Tuesday, July 3, 2007

the smell of summer


Today during my lunch hour Delsie and I went for a walk around the ring road while I listened to tunes on my new iPod -
Before I continue with this post any further, I must confess I have an extremely strong sniffer.
This is certainly a part of my body that works well. Sometimes it is to my advantage and sometimes this works against me and causes me to active my gag reflex...
This afternoon on our walk, my sniffer worked for me.
It was at this moment when I was overcome by the smell of water and grass. It stopped me in my tracks as I inhaled the delightful smell of summer. Refreshing.
(yes, I dropped Delsie bag of "business" and backed way up)
During the middle of February, when we are snowed in with a Michigan blizzard, I will have to remember this post and rely on my strong sniffer to bring back the smell...until then, I will just breathe in and out. Wishing I could make this photo scratch and sniff...

(as I wrote this, fireworks are going off left and right- dogs are barking and D-dog is snoring...seriously, I think I jumped out of my skin a couple of times!! Happy 4th!)

1 comment:

tiffany marie said...

First of all... SHOW OFF!!! about the new IPOD... brat.

SO JEALOUS. Not that I need one, cause I don't but I WANT one because it's the cool thing to have.... (still even after HOW MANY YEARS they've been popular I still have a walkman... LOL ok not a walk man but a cd player...LAME)

Second of all... Jealous that you have summer to smell while I have smog and burning hillsides.

Thirdly... ha ha ha I have no blizzards here.

And last but not least this vicodin stuff is AMAZING... please remind me of how I've behaved during this time...

SCRATCH AND SNIFF PHOTO WOULD BE AWESOME! Copy right that idea now before someone else thinks of it.