Monday, January 29, 2007

longing...

I think God has created us to long to belong. A longing to be liked, a longing to fit in, a longing to be "popular", a longing to be loved...so here I am. Trying to fulfill my longing to be cool like the Gammons' family and join the community of blogging.

I've been asked to speak at a school for their Abilties Awareness week on Wednesday morning. It is the staffs hope that I will focus on how we are all more alike than we are different. I always find it a challenge when I am told what I have to speak about.

Do I really believe that we are all more alike than we are different- I mean, REALLY believe it. I think my head can, it's my heart that doesn't always follow. Or, is it my head that is messed up and my heart has that longing...a longing to belong.

1 comment:

Andy Gammons said...

Holly you own. Welcome to the blogosphere. I will be glad to keep up with you life this way.