Tuesday, May 6, 2008

i must remember.



I never want to forget the time in my life when I was staring out the window of the hospital for three months and confined to four walls while life seem to pass me by. I never want to forget the tears that flowed down my cheeks as I saw the Adams Street exit after a month and a half at U of M hospital knowing that I was on the road to recovery and returning home.

I am reminded of the "good" moments when I pass by these tulips amongst the weeds at the end of my street. It is a photo in my mind to remind myself that I am breathing. I feel the fresh air, the gentle breeze on my face. Its a reminder that I can eat. I am able to laugh. I can cry when it hurts and knowing tomorrow is a new day. I don't have IV's coming out of both arms and not rushing to the bathroom every two seconds.

I love this photo cuz it reminds me of Gods loyalty in my life. Even in the weeds He grows beautiful tulips- year after year. I never want to forget that so I am thankful that when I see sights like this, I won't forget.

1 comment:

Beck said...

Thanks for pointing out the tulips among the weeds... isn't it interesting that the weeds actually make the tulips more beautiful? :)